John Box, principal Consultant for JM Box Consulting Services, is a Human Resources professional with over 20 years of experience. Now based in Windsor, Ontario, John has worked in a variety of different environments, including the Municipal, Hospitality, Long Term Care, and Emergency Medical Services sectors, where he developed his skills in areas such as labour relations, job evaluation, policy and procedure development, and project management.
This breadth of experience has exposed John to a variety of different organizations, and gives him a unique perspective on how organizations work. Additionally, John has taught, at the post secondary level, courses such as Public Sector Personnel Management, Collective Bargaining and Dispute Resolution, Organizational Behavior, Training in the Workplace, Team Building, and Critical and Creative Thinking. He has also designed and presented in-house training. Throughout his career, John has been known as an innovative thinker and a creative problem solver, whose approach is based on asking the right questions so that the right answers can be found.
Masters in Industrial Relations, Queen’s University
Areas of study included:
- Industrial Dispute Law
- Individual Employment Relationship
- Organizations and Conflict Management
Bachelor of Arts (Political Studies), Queen’s University
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Windsor
- Advanced Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Windsor
- Labour Arbitration Skills Seminar, Queen’s University
- Industrial Relations Centre Personnel and Human Resources Management, Queen’s University Industrial Relations Centre
- Civil Procedures Workshop for Non-Lawyers, ADR Ontario
- Peacebuilding Circles for the Workplace, ADR Ontario
- Cross Cultural Issues in Mediations and Arbitration, ADR Ontario
John’s approach to mediation is that it should be available to all in a cost-effective and time-effective manner, covering as many issues as possible. All services must be provided in a manner that respects the perspective of the various parties on their issues and interests, and with the knowledge that what client’s truly desire is a reasonable and quick settlement to their dispute.